Friday, May 11, 2012

No Looking Back

So its a bit later than I wanted, but here it is finally, my little corner of the internet where I can share this crazy life adventure with all of you (hi mom, dad, friends!). As you know, I've been planning this trip for quite some time, and I'm so happy to say that I finally arrived in Europe just over a week ago.

The craziest part of me making this trip? I couldn't tell you. It might have been the decision to travel alone to another continent, or maybe it was the decision to travel alone to a place I had never been to before. Or maybe, just maybe, the craziest thing about deciding to travel alone for 2 months to Europe while living out of a carry-on sized bag is that this journey has been something I always knew I wanted to do.

Like I said, I'm starting this blog a little late, by this point I am now in Madrid and have already been to Barcelona, Sevilla, and made a day trip to Córdoba.

The rest of my itinerary? It's kind of just as hectic. Following Madrid I will be going to the following cities:

Rome
Florence
Venice
Munich
Salzburg
Vienna
Krakow
Prague
Berlin
Amsterdam
Brussels
Paris
And finally, London

Don't worry, my head was spinning too when I had to actually make this itinerary. For anyone reading this who has suggestions on things I must see or do while in any of these cities please leave a comment and let me know! I would hate to miss anything spectacular.

I'll update again very soon to detail my day to day adventures and to fill all of you in on what has happened so far. It's already started off as the trip of a lifetime with so many stories to tell all of you. I love you all, and I promise to keep it interesting!

3 comments:

  1. go to Cinque Terre in Italy. It is supposed to be amazing.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh it's my dream to go there! Unfortunately some of the towns just experienced severe damaging floods and mudslides a few months ago, so they're still rebuilding. I want to save it for when I can experience how beautiful the towns really are.

      Delete
    2. I can personally vouch for Cinque Terre, even in recovery. In fact, it gave it extra charm and perhaps even made it a little less crowded. You should definitely make that a weekend trip from your new home in Spain...

      Delete